eSOL, a global specialist in the development of real-time embedded software solutions, announced the release of its new eMCOS software development kit (SDK), which will make it easier to kick start a development project and incorporate functional safety and mixed criticality when creating new embedded software.
Centered around eSOL’s high-performance and scalable eMCOS multikernel real-time operating system (RTOS), the eMCOS SDK provides a full commercial, comprehensive bundle of CI/CD-ready tools and run-time software that reduce the complexity of developing and deploying embedded applications with mixed criticality. Faster and easier development starts are ensured by the SDK being covered by a single installation and license activation environment, simplifying purchasing and license management.
Masaki Gondo, CTO, Senior Executive Vice President, and Head of the Software Division at eSOL, says: “We are delighted to offer our enhanced eMCOS SDK in an easy-to-use, all-in-one convenient package that simplifies functional safety or mixed criticality software development. This user-friendly commercial bundle of tools has been designed to help customers speed up their development of software solutions while optimizing their purchasing and reducing their overall costs.”
The new eMCOS SDK bundles in a single “all-in-one” integrated package the following development software components, including one-stop standard support and maintenance:
- eMCOS POSIX RTOS based on the scalable and high-performance multikernel architecture, offering an extensive POSIX API and optimized parallel computing for multi/manycore platforms
- eDEVS® powerful and rich tool suite optimized for eMCOS POSIX and designed to integrate seamlessly into a CI/CD toolchain: CMake-based build environment, Eclipse/Visual Studio code-compatible, Windows/Linux host support
- Original Arm Standard and FuSa C/C++ Compiler and library optimized for Arm hardware platforms
- Debug probe support for Arm DSTREAM debugger
- Middleware for robust and reliable transactional filesystem and secure TCP/IP network communication
- Sample BSPs for Arm platforms support.
Furthermore, to complement the eMCOS SDK base software package, the following integrated add-ons are also available and conveniently handled in the same installation and license activation environment:
- eMCOS Hypervisor® to offer real-time virtualization of mixed-critical applications and support for complete Linux and Android guest systems
- FVP to support Arm’s fixed virtual platforms for hardware simulation
- Internet protocol security (IPsec) for network stack security
- Debug probe support for dedicated debuggers.
The eMCOS SDK has already been made available to eSOL’s key customers. Its first general release will be in April 2023. In the meantime, eSOL will continually work on the SDK to ensure its functionality and quality remain at the highest possible levels. Soon eSOL will release further add-ons including:
- Source code packages for eMCOS POSIX and eMCOS Hypervisor
- ISO 26262 pre-certified licenses and safety materials for functional safety in vehicles.
The company will first feature this new software product at embedded world 2023 (14-16 March 2023 in Nuremberg, Germany).
More information at www.esol.com.