Established in 1977, Mecmesin is a global brand renowned worldwide for delivering reliable, affordable and innovative force, materials, and torque testing equipment for quality control testing of components, materials and products.
Mecmesin is one of the brands of the PPT Group (Physical Properties Testers Group), a multi-national group of brands expert in the design and production of solutions for testing a range of physical properties including compression, light fastness, moisture, dry rate, water repellency, abrasion, flammability, texture, tensile and torque properties.
The Mecmesin brand stands for excellent levels of performance and reliability, guaranteeing high level of results. Within production environments and R&D laboratories worldwide our customers use Mecmesin equipment to:
- Maintain consistency of manufacture
- Guarantee production quality
- Minimise costs, reduce waste and improve yields
- Optimise design
- Comply with relevant standards
Mecmesin serves a wide range of industries including aerospace, automotive, cosmetics, electrical & electronics, food & drink, health and safety, medical applications & devices, packaging, pharmaceuticals, plastics & rubber, sports equipment and textiles.
Our equipment is used for a wide variety of test applications including compression, flexure, peel, shear, tensile, torque and top-load testing.
- Adjustment torque of controls and rotary switches
- Characteristic torques of child-resistant and tamper-evident closures
- Connector insertion/withdrawal force
- Determining the actuation force/torque of levers, switches, solenoids etc.
- Measuring the tensile strength of adhesive bonds, fasteners and seams
- Peel adhesion strength of aluminum foil seals
- Pull-off characteristics of buttons, poppers and stitched on decorations
- Pull-off forces of crimped, welded or soldered electrical contacts
- Tactile feedback of buttons and keypads
- Tearing load of paper or perforated board
- Tension/tearing/friction properties of films and sheets
- Tensile testing of geotextiles and safety support netting
- Top-load resistance of PET bottles and bevcans
Headquartered in the United Kingdom, we also have a network of global sales and service offices, plus a network of over 50 distributors. This global sales network has extensive product and applications experience and knowledge and offers our customers a comprehensive technical support and after sales service wherever they are.